The information provided is not a substitute for any medical advice. Therefore, you should always consult with your doctor or pharmacist before using any medication.
What is the dose for an adult?
- Administer 1 to 2 g per day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses
Dose adjustment for renal impairment
Patients undergoing dialysis: administer and additional 0.5 to 1 g after each dialysis session
Creatinine clearance (CrCl)
- < 10: administer 0.5 to 1 g every 36 hours
- 11-25: administer 0.5 to 1 g every 24 hours
- 26-50: administer 0.5 to 1 g every 12 hours
What is the dose for a child?
Administer 1 to 2 g per day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses
- Ages >6 years or <40 kg bodyweight: administer 30-50 mg/kg per day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses
- Maximum dose: up to 100 mg/kg per day
How is cefadroxil available?
This drug is available in the following brands, dosage forms, and strengths:
- Drozid capsule 500 mg
- Drozid syrup 125 mg/5 mL
- Wincocef-500 capsule 500 mg
What should I do in case of an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or an overdose, call your local emergency services or go to the nearest emergency room.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your regular dose as scheduled. Do not take a double dose. Avoid missing doses to prevent antibiotic resistance and treatment failure.