- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections, including ear, nose and throat infections (e.g. acute otitis media)
- Gastrointestinal tract infections
- Genitourinary tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Bone infections (e.g. osteomyelitis)
- Gall bladder / Biliary tract infections
- Helicobacter pylori infections (in combination with other drugs)
- Lyme Disease
- Dental abscess (as an adjunct to surgical management)
How should I take Himox?
Himox is available as an oral drop, suspension, and capsule. The oral capsule should be taken by mouth without chewing or crushing it. The oral drops and suspension require reconstitution (mixing) with clean drinking water. It can be taken with or without food, followed by a glass of water.
How do I store Himox?
This drug should be stored at room temperature (<30°C) and be protected from light and moisture. Do not freeze this product. Always check the label before using this product. For safety, keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Do not use if the printed expiration date has passed, the product seal has been broken, or the product has changed in color, odor, or consistency. Keep reconstituted suspensions in the refrigerator for up to 14 days, or at room temperature for up to 7 days only.
Do not dispose of this product by pouring it down the drain, toilet, or into the environment. Ask your pharmacist regarding the proper way and location of disposal.