Avoid touching your face
Finally, to avoid COVID at work, keep in mind that you should refrain from touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
For this measure, consider switching from contacts to eyeglasses. That way, there will be no need for you to touch your eyes when removing your contacts.
Also, take note of your hairstyle. If your hair tends to get in your face, consider wearing a headband or pulling your hair up in a bun.
Have a Plan When Returning Home
In going home, take the same protective steps you had while going to work. Furthermore, upon arriving home, you can:
- Shower and change before entering your home.
- Or have a bag ready near the entrance of your home where you can place your dirty clothes. Don’t forget to wash your hands before putting on your clean clothes.
- Wash your clothes or soak them in water with laundry detergent right away.
- Leave your shoes outside.
- Disinfect items like your bag, cellphone, and wallet before taking them inside your home.
Take Care of Yourself
Of course, don’t forget to take added measures to keep yourself healthy.
Eat nutritious foods, get adequate rest and sleep, and consider talking to your doctor about the possibility of taking supplements to boost your immune system.
Finally, stay mentally healthy by managing stress and avoiding burnout.
To prevent the coronavirus spread in the office, you need to carefully consider the nature of your work. Are you in a healthcare setting? Do you deliver packages? Or are you in an office setup? From there, think about the different aspects of your work and see where you can take measures to protect yourself from COVID-19. The key is to be consistently vigilant, knowing that COVID-19 infection can happen anywhere, to anyone.
Learn more about COVID-19 here.