Victor Ephraime Paulino is a physician who specializes in Ophthalmology and Glaucoma, as well as practices general medicine in the province. Paulino obtained his medical degree at the University of Santo Tomas, his residency at the Makati Medical Center (MMC), and sub-specialty fellowship at the St. Lukes’ Medical Center, Mania. Aside from devoting his time to clinical practice, he is active in the training of ophthalmology residents in MMC and passionate about clinical research, which includes his award-winning research on lutein supplementation and age-related macular degeneration prevention.
Rem encourages active involvement of his patient in their eye and holistic care, as well as promoting good eye practices for improved vision and blindness prevention in young adults and the elderly AWARDS Philippine Nominee (2018) Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Young Ophthalmologist Award 2nd Place Winner (2017) Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Resident Research Paper Contest 1st Place Winner (2017) Makati Medical Center Interdepartment Resident Research Paper Contest Fr. George J. Willmann Award for Academic Excellence (2015) Knights of Columbus Fraternal Association of the Phils., Inc. 1st Place Winner Makati Medical Center Interns Research Paper Contest RESEARCH STUDIES Improved Macular Pigment Optical Density and Macular Function Associated with Daily Intake of 20mg Purified Lutein (Lutax-20) in Pseudophakic Patients Paulino VE, Uy E, and Valero S. Department of Ophthalmology, Makati Medical Center.
- Presented at the Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons Annual Meeting, Chiang Mai, Thailand, July 21, 2018. Effect of New Preparation Lutein Supplementation on Macular Pigment Optical Density and Macular Function in Pseudophakic Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial Paulino VE, Uy E, and Valero S. Department of Ophthalmology, Makati Medical Center.
- Presented at the Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, Philippines, December 7, 2017.
- Presented at the Makati Medical Center Interdepartment Research Paper Contest. Auditorium Hall A, 8th Floor Tower 2, Makati Medical Center, November 23, 2017. Surgical Approach in a Case of Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Case Report Paulino VE, and Mercado GJ. Department of Ophthalmology, Makati Medical Center.
- Presented at the Philippine Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (PSOPRS) Conference. Auditorium Hall B, 8th Floor Tower 2, Makati Medical Center. September 17, 2015.
- Presented at the Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting, November 2015, Makati City, Philippines. The pediculocidal activity of sugar apple ‘Anona squamosa’ seed hexane extract against adult human head louse Pediculus humanus capitis: an in-vitro study. Paulino, VE., Navarro, M., Songco, J., Sayao, G., Yabut, V., et al.
- Presented at the Makati Medical Center Annual Interns’ Research Paper Presentation. Auditorium Hall A, 8th Floor Tower 2, Makati Medical Center, April 2014. A Study on the Effect of Malaria Preventive Interventions on the Prevalence of Malaria at San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan from 2010 to 2012 Paulino, VE., Pellicer, RF., Penafiel, AE., Perlas, MCF., Perolina, C. Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, UST, Espana, Manila. February 9, 2013.
A Study on the Anti-Inflammatory Activity of the Bark Extract of Ficus Pseudopalma Paulino, VE., Parra, C., Pasamonte, M., Pasion, K., Pecache, M., Pellicer, RF., Perlas, MCF., Perolina, C., Penarubia, S., Perez, R., Pineda, AM., Pipo, AE., Poco, C., Poot, I., Punsalan, A., Quiambao, MF., Quialvo, MK., Racadio, ML., Ramirez, A. Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, UST, Espana, Manila. January 3, 2011.
A Study on the Prevalence of Intestinal Parasites Among Children Aged 4 to 10 in the Aeta Community at Sapang Bato, Angeles City, Pampanga Paulino, VE., *Lascano, JA., Cotoco, K., Hernandez, NS., Martin, MA., Viray, V., and Manahan, E. Ph.D. - Presented at the UST Faculty of Pharmacy Research Expo 2009; 138th Pharmacy Week Celebration, UST, Espana, Manila. February 9 to 13, 2009.