A child in your life will definitely give you perspective as a parent. With the joy of one, you’re probably thinking of two! So when’s the best time to plan for your second baby? Here’s a complete guide on how and when to plan for a second baby.
Plan for Second Baby: Considerations When Planning
Having a second baby is completely a couple’s choice. However, here are a couple of considerations you may want to think over.
- You now have first-hand experience on how to take care of a baby. All myths you had before will have been debunked. In short, you’re now more experienced!
- If you had a C-section done, then that might be an issue if you want the next one with vaginal delivery. Once the incision is made, there are fewer cases of opting for delivery through the birth canal.
- You will be better equipped to make a schedule for your next child. You can also prepare in advance for the things that didn’t go well the first time.
- You may not be resting as much as you did when you delivered the first time. This is both a pro and a con since movement will keep you active. However, no rest might leave you fatigued.
- Even if you have gone through pregnancy once, this pregnancy may have its own set of challenges. These challenges might be completely different from the first time as every pregnancy is unique.