There are different factors that increase the likelihood of a person having acne. It may be due to hormonal changes in the body, the food that you eat, and certain medicine which affect this. It can also be due to irritation and bacteria present in the skin that affects how much acne a person has.
Things to Avoid to Lessen Nose Pimples
Nose pimples can happen inside and outside of the nasal cavity. Here are some tips that you need to avoid so that there will be fewer pimples inside and on your nose.
- Avoid popping pimples as this can lead to swelling, scarring, and infection.
- Try not to let your nose or face touch anything that is not cleaned. Your hands or your uncleaned cell phone are breeding grounds for bacteria and may infect your face.
- Don’t blow your nose too much as it makes it easier for bacteria to transfer from your hands to the inside of your nose.
- Lessen nose-picking and pulling of nasal hairs as it can cause wounds inside your nose which makes it prone to infection.
Nose pimples in the nasal vestibule, or the portion at the entrance of the nostrils, happen because of bacterial infection. It can lead to other conditions such as nasal vestibulitis, furunculosis, or the presence of boils and cellulitis.
What You Can Do for Your Nose Pimple
There are different steps that can be done for nose pimples. If home remedies don’t work, it is best to consult professionals so that they can give the advice to treat your acne depending on your condition.
Here are some tips on what you can do for your nose pimples:
- Wash the problem area no more than twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Cleaning it more can strip moisture off your face and can irritate your skin
- Try to use products with salicylic acid, retinoid, and benzoyl peroxide. These can lessen bacteria on your nose but may cause a burning or stinging sensation on the skin. Make sure to use only as indicated in the package.
- Alternative to the topical products, some use tea tree oil and herbal masks to do a spot treatment on the pimples. This helps dry the pimples faster.
- Find the best cleansing routine for your skin. Some routines involve using a mild cleanser to remove dirt from the skin and moisturizer.
- Wash your hands. It is the most basic of all tips as it not only prevents the spread of bacteria causing pimples but also other conditions.
Try to do these simple remedies for 3 to 4 weeks and check if your nose pimples lessen or heal. If it does not work, consult a professional. For pimples inside the nose, as the nasal cavity is sensitive and can affect other parts of the body, check with your doctor first before doing anything.