Hot discussion

Insights about postpartum depression

Hi everyone!

Asking for your advice regarding postpartum depression. My aunt gave birth last year and until now she's still experiencing symptoms and hasn't get back to her pre-pregnancy self.

Can I ask how long does postpartum depression really last? And please give tips on how to cope up with it.

Anything would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

7 comments

7 comments

Hello! My friend also experiences the same thing, palaging paiba iba yung mood niya and parang may time na takot siyang maalagaan yung baby niya kasi madami daw 'what ifs' sa isip niya. I suggest na try to convince her na mag seek for help sa mental health professionals and you can also check this article out: https://hellodoctor.com.ph/pregnancy/mother-care/postpartum-selfcare/postpartum-rage-how-to-manage/

2 years ago
@Jovelyn Ligutan

thank you sis :) I can relate with what you've said, too. My aunt has become emotional and sensitive ever since she gave birth. That's why I salute my Tito rin kasi he's been really understanding sa situation ni Tita. Thanks for this :) I'll also try to convince her to seek professional health so that aside from us, her family, she could get another help from doctors so she gets better soon.

2 years ago

Hi sis, when my cousin gave birth, she also experience the same thing. She was always conscious about getting back in shape, and very stress in handling her life and being a mom. I think one of the best tip is to uplift them and let them know that they are not alone. Also, try to convince your aunt to do yoga. It really helps :) You may also check this article to learn morehttps://hellodoctor.com.ph/pregnancy/being-pregnant/prenatal-care/prepartum-depression/

2 years ago
@Allysa Jade

Yes, I agree with sis! My tito told her to go out and have shopping or spend time with her friends kaso my aunt doesn't feeling like going out not because no one's going to look out for the baby but because of her low self-confidence since she gained a lot of weight from the pregnancy :( so sad for her but thank you for your suggestions :) i'll try my best to uplift her

2 years ago

Good day! Postpartum blues can occur 2-3 days after delivery while postpartum depression can last for several weeks or even months. Back in the days when my mom is still pregnant with my sibling, she also experienced postpartum so I was the one who always accompanies her since my dad is in another country. Mahirap makita na ganoon yung nanay mo, but I gave my best to comfort and support her at her low times. I hope makatulong itong article sa aunt mo as her guide. Mahigpit na yakap sa inyo! https://hellodoctor.com.ph/pregnancy/mother-care/postpartum-selfcare/postpartum-blues/

2 years ago
@MJ Magbanua

Be there for her always, mas need niya ng guidance sa ngayon. I hope she can recover from her condition and it won't affect her baby. Praying for your aunt! God bless.

2 years ago
@Genevieve Laranang

Thank you sis :) will check out this article to see if what can I do to uplift her. I guess she misses working na since she stopped for a while for her baby. She's a workaholic kasi until she got pregnant. Her husband naman is really supportive and even told her to go out with friends and have fun kasi a lot of close relatives can look out for the baby but aunt doesn't feel like going out maybe because of her low self-confidence na rin. Maybe, I'll ask my Tito to treat her out for a date to uplift her and atleast have some rest from being a mom even for 3-4 hrs. Anyway, thank you so much for your suggestions!!!

2 years ago
Find your communities
Explore our range of communities based on the health topics that matter to you the most.