Losing weight may help overweight women, or women suffering conditions such as PCOS, to regulate their menstrual cycle.
Stress and some types of eating disorders, like binge eating disorder, can lead to weight gain, which then influences irregular menstruation. Visiting a psychiatrist or mental health professional can help in addressing these underlying mental health issues.
When thinking of how to induce menstruation in a day, women may also be recommended metformin. Metformin is a diabetes medication that makes the body more sensitive to insulin. It also lowers the production of testosterone in the body, which may help induce menstruation. Doctors also sometimes prescribe metformin to women with PCOS.
Taking medroxyprogesterone may also help in inducing menstruation. Women who previously experienced having a normal menstrual cycle, but have not experienced a period for at least 6 months may be recommended this medication.
Here is a list of other medicines and supplements that reportedly help with regulating menstrual cycles. However, more studies may be needed to determine how much these items help in regulating the menstrual cycle. Consult with your doctor to determine the best treatment for you.
- Unripe Papaya. This helps by controlling the contractions of the muscle fibers in the uterus, resulting in the induction of menstruation. Moreover, it lessens the feeling of stress.
- Cinnamon. This may help regulate menstrual cycles and reduce pain from menstrual cramps.
- Aloe vera. This plant has the ability to naturally regulate hormones, which in turn, induce menstruation.
- Turmeric. This balances hormones and regulates menstruation. It also alleviates pain from cramps due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Multivitamin and minerals
- B Vitamins
When Should I Worry About Irregular Periods?
Women should start to be concerned when they encounter some of the scenarios shown below:
- Monthly period has completely stopped
- Menstrual cycle has been irregular for more than 3 years
- Period happens less often (more than 45 days)
- There is a considerable amount of hair growth on some parts of the body, namely face, chin, chest, or abdomen area
- Excruciating pain such as cramping and abdominal pain during menstruation
- Periods start to last for more than 7 days and are heavy in flow
Speak with your doctor immediately if you exhibit any of these symptoms.
How to induce menstruation in a day? Taking various medications and supplements may help induce menstruation, although not necessarily within a day. These include focusing on weight loss, working on one’s mental health, and taking hormone-regulating medications.
Learn more about Menstruation here.