Benefits of Using a Toner
The benefits of using a toner are numerous, and they are safe for most types of skin. But those who have dry and acne-prone skin benefit the most from using a toner. For those who are still confused about what toners and what they can do for your skin, here are some of their benefits:
- Minimizes pores. Toner can help minimize pores. This is good for your skin health as larger pores allow more dirt and toxins to enter the skin.
- Moisturizes skin. A toner hydrates and smoothens the skin. This can make your skin look more youthful. In fact, some toners contain vitamins that help reduce the signs of skin aging.
- Tightens skin. Using a toner can make your skin look firmer and tighter. For best results, it’s recommended that you use toner twice a day.
- Balances facial skin pH level. Your facial skin is naturally acidic, and using a toner can quickly bring down the pH level of your skin.
- Detoxifies skin. Your skin is exposed to different toxins such as chemicals, bacteria, and germs every day. Using a toner cleanses your face and removes toxins.
- Reduces acne. Acne or pimples are usually painful and leave scars on your face. Acne is also one of the reasons for having oily and dull skin. A toner helps remove the dirt and oils, and helps to lighten the scars on your face. By removing the oil, toners als protect your skin from future breakouts.
Common Ingredients in a Facial Toner
Facial toners came in a variety of formulas, with some infused with skin-loving ingredients. Try out different products to see which one best suits your skin. For concerns, especially if you suffer from acne and the life, you may consult your dermatologist.