How to Prevent Acne Before Period Breakouts
There are solutions to help women prevent acne before period, however, this does not guarantee that they will not experience acne breakouts.
1. Wash your face at least twice a day to prevent oil build up.
Make sure that you are using mild acne care products to prevent further skin irritation and dryness.
2. Avoid skincare products that make the skin dry.
Always look at the ingredient list on skincare products and check if there are parabens, phthalates, and alcohol in them. If products have these ingredients, avoid using them.
3. Make sure to remove every trace of makeup before you go to bed.
Make-up that is left on the face overnight may cause acne breakouts and acne before period as well.
4. If you sweat a lot, make sure you wash your face at the end of the day.
Clogged pores due to sweat can lead to acne breakouts.
5. Avoid using abrasive facial scrubs.
Abrasive facial scrubs or scrubbing your face too hard can irritate the skin and cause acne before period.
6. Avoid touching your face.
Your hands come into contact with bacteria, so avoid touching your face, especially if your hands are not sanitized. This would prevent bacteria from getting into your pores and causing acne.
7. Do not pop or pick on your pimples.
Popping or picking pimples can be counterproductive as doing so can further irritate the skin. Avoiding this practice can ensure that your acne will not multiply before your period happens.
Share your thoughts
Be the first to let Hello Doctor know your thoughts!
Join Us or Log In to join the discussion