- Keep combustible materials away from fire or heat-emitting appliances or objects.
- Store matches and lighters in out of reach areas.
- Check and fix house wiring every now and then.
- Have fire extinguishers ready in different areas of your home in case of fire.
- Smoke detectors are also a big help in preventing serious accidents from taking place.
In cases of accidents and emergencies, it is best if parents are well adept in first aid and CPR. This will help them give immediate medical care to their children. Always remember to call your local emergency hotline for immediate medical attention.
As parents, you always want the best for your children. That is why you’re trying your best to give them a comfortable and safe home. However, you don’t need to excessively shield them from getting hurt, as it is a normal part of their growth.
Establishing and observing safety rules for preschoolers at home all the time is enough to keep your children safe.
Keep in mind to always watch over your children and teach or remind them to be cautious of their surroundings while still nurturing their curiosity.
Learn more about parenting, here.