Think an SSC is the ideal baby carrier for you? Then try these, mama: Tula Baby Carrier in Sleepy Dust Explore, Littlefrog Adjustable Ergonomic Baby Carrier, LennyLamb Lennyupgrade Adjustable Baby Carrier.
Mei Tai or Mei Dai Carrier
A traditional Asian carrier, the Mei Tai combines the features of a wrap and a soft structured baby carrier. Instead of padded shoulder straps and a waistband, it uses long pieces of padded fabric which you’ll tie around your body.
Pros of Using a Mei Tai or Mei Dai
- It’s easily adjustable and accommodates various sitting positions.
- You can share it between you and your partner, who will carry your baby without the need to teach them extensively.
- Can be used up until the baby is a toddler.
Things to Consider Before Buying
- Your baby’s age and weight. Ideally, this is the most suitable for older infants, the youngest being four months old.
- Tying and distributing the baby’s weight evenly across your body takes practice.
Think a Mei Tai carrier is the ideal baby carrier for you? Then try this, mama: Carry Me Superhero Nakong’s Meh Dai.
Hip Seat Carrier
It’s a carrier similar to a soft structured carrier. However, compared to SSCs, it is your waist that’ll be carrying most of the weight rather than your shoulders or back.
Pros of Using a Hip Seat Carrier
- It’s great for those with back and shoulder pain since it helps relieve pressure from those areas.
- The parts are detachable, giving you the freedom to go either hands-free or to hold your baby in your arms.
- You can position your baby in various ways – front, side, or even facing you.