Some habits to teach young children include:
- Putting all their toys in the toy bin
- Picking up their dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper
- Bringing their dishes and utensils to the sink after they’ve eaten
- Tidying up the bed right after they get up in the morning
Dietary Habits To Teach Children
One of any parent’s main concerns is what their child is eating. How much your child eats isn’t entirely within your control, but the quality of his or her diet is something you can manipulate. Here are some tips to teach children healthy eating habits:
1. Eating healthy yourself is one of the most powerful ways to send your kids a message about good eating habits.
2. Giving them meals and snacks at the right time will help them maintain a sound eating routine.
3. If you’re concerned about overeating, there are a few ways you can keep an eye on your child’s diet without making them feel that there’s something wrong with how they eat. Try turning the TV off during meal times and making sure there are no gadgets; this will help your child focus on their appetite.
Serve food on a smaller plate, to make your child feel like they have a “full plate” while still getting the proper amount of food. If your child tends to ignore veggies on their plate, don’t try to make up for this by giving them more protein or carbs. Try disguising veggies in food that they usually eat instead.