- Follow a plant-based diet filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts and seeds.
- Reduce intake of foods high in added sugar and fats.
- If you are under hormonal therapy, your bones may weaken. To limit the risk, talk to your doctor about calcium and vitamin D supplements.
Maintain a healthy weight
To prevent prostate cancer from worsening, weight management can help. Excessive weight might increase the risk of other health concerns that may affect your current condition.
According to reports, weight gain is typical among patients under hormonal therapy. If you want to combat unhealthy weight gain, maintain a balanced diet and regular exercise.
In most cases, cancer patients, especially those without symptoms, have the same exercise guidelines as everyone else. Aim to have 30 minutes of moderate physical activity for five days a week.
Here’s an important note: do not start a new exercise regimen without your doctor’s approval.
Take care of yourself
Whether you are advised to do watchful waiting or active surveillance or already started with your treatment, taking care of yourself is crucial for managing prostate cancer.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Take adequate rest and sleep.
- Keep your friends and family close; don’t hesitate to ask for or accept their help.
- Join prostate cancer support groups. It will be good to find people who can understand what you are experiencing.
And finally, continue to do things you enjoy. Although the activities you partake in may vary depending on your condition or symptoms, leisure and hobbies may significantly reduce your stress.