The following guidelines have been established by Hello Health Group to govern various aspects of Advertising on the Hello Health Group Network, which includes websites and mobile applications directed to consumers, which we refer to as the “Hello Health Group Consumer Properties,” and websites and mobile applications directed to healthcare professionals, which we refer to as the “Hello Health Group Professional Properties.” As used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third-party banners, badges, contextual advertising, and sponsored content. The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by Hello Health Group, how Advertisements are displayed on the Hello Health Group, and the removal of Advertisements from the Hello Health Group. Hello Health Group has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the Hello Health Group. Hello Health Group may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable Hello Health Group Property.
Hello Health Group has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the Hello Health Group Network, and under no circumstances will Hello Health Group’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
Hello Health Group will not accept Advertising that, in Hello Health Group’s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
There are certain categories of advertisements that Hello Health Group will not permit on the Hello Health Group Network at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’ products (Hello Health Group reserves the right to determine what is ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’).
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material.
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the Hello Health Group Network.
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks.
- pornography or related themes.
- tobacco use of any kind.
- the simulation of news or an emergency.
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13.
- media or messages for or that reference “M” rated video games or content.
- unreasonable, unlikely, or extraordinary product or service claims.
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash.
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated “miracle” weight loss or other miracle claims of cure.
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation.
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or do not contain a “close” or “X” for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation.
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit.
Hello Health Group recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial content. Our editorial content is not influenced by our advertising or sponsored content. Hello Health Group will endeavor to ensure that all Advertising or sponsored content on the Hello Health Group Network will be clearly and unambiguously identified. Hello Health Group will not allow any Advertising on a Hello Health Group Consumer Property that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement”, “From Our Sponsor” or a similar designation, or on a Hello Health Group Professional Property that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement,” “Information from Industry,” “From Our Sponsor” or some similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the third-party advertiser’s site or to relevant sponsored content on a Hello Health Group.
Hello Health Group retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on applicable Hello Health Group Properties based on Hello Health Group delivered search results. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source, e.g., “Health A-Z” or “Drugs A-Z.”
While third party (sponsor or advertiser produced) content must adhere to this Advertising Policy, labeling of sponsored content on the Hello Health Group Consumer Properties is governed by Our Sponsor Policy below, which describes how we label information from our Sponsors and the steps we take to help our end users understand the differences between Hello Health Group content and sponsored content.
Advertising on the Hello Health Group Properties may link directly to a registration/email capture page. Hello Health Group reserves the right to approve whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the Hello Health Group Network for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. Hello Health Group cannot provide any assurances that client programs or components will perform without error on all platforms, including websites, mobile devices and Apps.
It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising within the Hello Health Group Network (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation the current MOH guidelines for advertising. Hello Health Group will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, Hello Health Group reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if Hello Health Group becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, Hello Health Group may remove the Advertising from the Hello Health Group.
No Advertising on the Hello Health Group Network shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the Hello Health Group Network unless expressly approved in writing by Hello Health Group. No personally-identifiable information may be collected from any user of the Hello Health Group Network without the express written consent of Hello Health Group and the express opt-in consent of such user. No non-personally-identifiable information that is collected from a user of the Hello Health Group Network may be linked to any personally-identifiable information available to an Advertiser without the express written consent of Hello Health Group.
Since we launched Hello Health Group we have regularly sought sponsorships and advertisements from relevant commercial organizations, manufacturers, and other leaders dedicated to providing health and lifestyle information. These sponsorships, which are a form of advertising, enable us to provide you with our award-winning content at no cost to you. Hello Health Group provides opportunities for sponsors to bring you their marketing message and information about their products and services by publishing their information or links within our site. We take several steps to ensure that you can clearly identify content that is provided by and is under the editorial control of our sponsors before you view it, so you can make an informed decision as to whether or not to view it. For more information, read our Advertising Policy.
In order to clearly distinguish between Hello Health Group content and content that is created or provided by one of our sponsors, we always label content from our sponsors as “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”. While content from a sponsor is subject to Hello Health Group ‘s Advertising Policy, it is not subject to Hello Health Group ‘s Editorial Policy. The sponsor is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their content and the content is not reviewed by the Hello Health Group Editorial Department for accuracy, objectivity or balance.
Here are the ways that we identify content as being from a sponsor and some related points that we would like to bring to your attention:
- All content on Hello Health Group that is created or provided by a sponsor is identified with the label “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”.
- At the top of each page of content from our sponsors, we place descriptive text to inform you that the content on the page is created or provided by the sponsor and is under their sole editorial control.
- Links to sponsor content or content from our sponsor are identified with distinctive coloring and will include the label “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored by”, “Promoted by”, or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”.
- Within a sponsor’s content, there may be links to the sponsor’s website.
- Sponsored content includes a descriptive line at the end of the content noting that Hello Health Group does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment.
When Third Parties Fund the creation of Hello Health Group Editorial Content
In addition to creating and providing their own content for presentation to you on our site (labeled as “From Our Sponsor”, “Sponsored By”, “Promoted by” or “By (Sponsor’s Name)”), third parties also provide funding directly to Hello Health Group without having any control over the content. This content may appear in areas of our site that are dedicated to specific conditions or lifestyle activities, may be included in areas of general interest, or appear on our social media channels. Hello Health Group has a staff of over 100 writers, artists, producers, editors and medical professionals. By providing the funds to make it possible for our creation of original Hello Health Group editorial content, we can bring you even more great information to help you manage your health or make healthy changes to your lifestyle. Whenever we create original editorial content at the request of a sponsor and the sponsor has selected the topic of the content/program they are funding, we identify the content as being “brought to you by”, or similar designations (labels) noted below during the period that the sponsor funds the content/program. In addition sponsors may request similar attribution on our pre-existing editorial content during the period that they fund a program.
When Hello Health Group content is identified as “brought to you by” a third party we take the following steps:
- We place descriptive text at the top of the page to let you know that Hello Health Group created the content without any editorial control from the sponsor who funded it.
- You will generally see the words “Brought to you by” with a hyperlink to the definition of “Brought to you by” during the period that the sponsor funds the program.
- In some instances, we will also use one of the following four (4) additional labels to let you know that the content was brought to you by a sponsor and these words have the same meaning as “brought to you by”
- Funded by our sponsor
- Support provided by our sponsor
- Made possible by a Grant from our sponsor
- Made possible by our sponsor
When Hello Health Group Works with Other Third Parties to Fund the Cost of Educational Content
Hello Health Group at times will work with government and other organizations or associations whose primary mission is to educate the public on health topics or issues. We use a specific framework of criteria to review and select these organizations and work with them to create or select content within specific topic areas. The content is reviewed and edited by the third party and then edited and approved by Hello Health Group’s editorial staff. Just like all of Hello Health Group ‘ content, this category of content is subject to Hello Health Group’s editorial policy and process for accuracy, balance, and objectivity.
In these instances, you will find:
- We place descriptive text at the top of the page to let you know that Hello Health Group created or selected the content with assistance and collaboration from the organization or association we worked with to create the content.
- You will generally see the words “educational collaboration” followed by the name of the organization that we worked with to create the content a hyperlink to the definition of “educational collaboration.”
- We also tell you if there was additional funding by other third parties who have no control over the content.
This page was last updated on: April 21, 2021