According to Sam, it all started because she chose to wear tight and high-cut jean shorts during a date. Since it was a pair of high-cut shorts, it caused the fabric to go up her buttocks, giving her a “wedgie.”
Admittedly, Sam felt uncomfortable and tried adjusting her shorts multiple times throughout the day. However, she chose to ignore it and had a great time with her boyfriend. Later that night, she felt sore and wasn’t feeling very well. The next day, she noticed a bump on her buttock where her shorts had chafed against her skin.
Over time, this bump started to become very painful, so she decided the next day to visit the doctor. By the time she went there, it was too late as she was already in septic shock, and wound up in the intensive care unit or ICU with both cellulitis and sepsis.
Doctors had to do debridement surgery wherein parts of her buttock were scraped to remove the infected tissue. Eventually, she made a full recovery and suffered no serious effects after the incident. However, this could’ve all been avoided had she worn more comfortable clothing.