The good news is that swimmer’s ear is easily preventable. There are several measures that you can take that would ensure moisture will not get trapped in your ear. Try these to prevent or get rid of swimmer’s ear fast.
- Use cotton balls or earplugs to prevent water from entering your ear when swimming. Make sure that you use soft cotton plugs.
- Use a swim cap that can also cover your ears.
- Do not scratch the inside of your ear, even if you are using cotton swabs. There is still a risk that you can damage the skin surface there.
- Do not remove ear wax on your own.
- Make sure that you towel your head and your ears after you swim to remove excess moisture.
In short, you have to keep your ears dry at all times and safe from scratches. Remember that your child is more prone to this kind of infection so you must assist them and make sure that their ears will not stay wet.
Swimmer’s ear is an easily preventable and treatable condition. When swimming, you are recommended to wear a cap or earplugs. In addition, once you get out of the water, make sure to towel dry your hair and ears. These will greatly help when you want to get rid of swimmer’s ear fast.
If you feel any of the symptoms of ear infection, seek immediate medical attention to get it treated.
Learn more about Ear, Nose and Throat conditions here.